This week has been hectic in our home - hectic in a good way. From pumpkin picking and carving, to trick and treating, and school parties (read: being a taxi driver); we don't seem to have stopped. Not to mention the usual work and chores! It's all led me to look forward to the weekend and to think about some of the simple pleasures in life. To look forward to slowing down a little and taking it easy for a day or two. These are some of the simple things that make me smile. I also asked fellow bloggers what would be on their list...I wonder what would be on yours?
- Sitting by the lake side, enjoying the view (Crummock Water - left). The enormity of nature making us realise how small we - and our problems - are.
- Eating breakfast in the garden on a warm morning.
- Laughing so much, that you just can't stop.
- Enjoying a home-cooked meal.
- "Going for a walk in the countryside behind our home. A 5 minute walk and we are up a hill looking down on the view over the houses and fields. Great for calming the mind and it's free." - Victoria
- Waking up on your day off and realising you don't have to get up.
- A line full of washing on a fine, blustery day.
- Hanging out with people who make you forget about your phone.
- "Music! For me it can take me back to events or times in my life and make me feel nostalgic or it can really lift my spirit when I'm in a MEH kind of mood." - Ally.
- Watching the rain beat down on the window pane and listening to the thunder. All the while being safely tucked up indoors.
- Collapsing into bed after a long day and smelling/feeling the freshly laundered bedding.
- A good conversation with a friend.
- Snuggling up with your cat.
- Watching your child sleep.
- "Treating myself to my favourite chocolate. I sit down somewhere peaceful and really savour eating it without any distractions. " - Debbie
- "Watching the sun set in the winter whilst holding a cup of hot chocolate." - Christy.
- "Sitting by the sea, listening to the waves breaking on the shore. It doesn't matter if I'm in Wales, Devon or Blackpool - if I close my eyes, I could be anywhere in the world!" - Kelly
I'd love to hear how you slow things down a little, and some of the simple pleasures in your life. Please comment below. Perhaps you enjoy some of the things above or maybe you have some other tips that you an share with us.